Home

Update on Jedi & how to make it easier for a dog to take his medicine

Jedi is improving. We are still limiting his activity ensuring that he gets plenty of rest, but we can tell he feels so much better.

His brother, Padawan, was getting jealous. He got treats when Jedi did (that was where we hid the pills). So we gave Padawan a heat pack for his back when we put one on Jedi and that seems to have solved the problem. Padawan is happy again.

I had some emails asking me how we got our dog to take his medicine. So let me share...


The store was out of Pill Pockets by Greenies. (Normally $8.49 to $9.49 for 7.9 oz) So we substituted. We purchased Blue Bits ($5.99 for 4 oz) They are soft and can be squeezed around the pills. We had to break the pills, but we were instructed to do that anyway. 

After we got home, I realized that we had some treats called Catty Shack that we purchased at a big box store (about $1.50 for 4 oz). Yes, they are cat treats, but our dogs love them. They are also soft and can be squeezed to shape around the pills. 


This is the Catty Shack information and by what I can tell, it was made in Ohio. 


Here is the information on the Blue Bits. As far as I can tell, this too was made in the U.S.A.


I couldn't get this photo to come out very well because it kept bending, but the address is in Connecticut. 

So that is how we got Jedi to take his medicine. :)












1 comment:

  1. That is great!
    And interesting that the cat treats are so much cheaper.
    I bought that kind once years ago for my kitties.

    ReplyDelete