Home

My sewing buddy

I have plenty of space in my sewing room when it is clean. I have an "L" shaped desk that I sew on. I have a 10 foot office table on the other side so that I have a "U" shaped work area. So, normally, I have plenty of room. Then I get into sewing a project and my space shrinks to a couple of feet. Usually, the area around the sewing machine is clear for me to work. Well, not this day and even my sewing buddy, Lathandar, decided to squeeze in. 

So I decided that he must feel neglected and I gave him attention. He stayed in that spot while I petted him and gave him treats for nearly 20 minutes. Then he, like most cats, decided that he wanted a different spot to lay on. So he moved just enough so I could once again get to my fabrics. Of course, as I sewed, the fabric began to cover him as he had moved behind the sewing machine, but he didn't seem to mind. 

My husband said that he wished that I would give him the same kind of attention that I do the pets. Well, if he crawled up onto my desk and looked all precious and adorable, I probably would. Instead, I walk into the room to give him a tea and he is playing some gory video game. Who wants to stick around to see that? Yuck. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Sweet kitty.
    How is that machine sewing needle stuck to your machine? Magnet, velcro? As to husbands, they need to dress up in a fur suit, put on kitty ears and noses, only purr and meow, and yes, they'd get more attention. Oh. And turn that TV/video game off.

    ReplyDelete