Home

Our crafting (not crafty) cats

 I find it adorable and, at times, frustrating that our cats enjoy crafting. I made a quilt that I wanted to tie the layers together. I placed it on the table to start my project.

 Lathandar was the first to join me. He wanted to test the quality of the quilt and be near the action. He is a very sweet cat. He was able to stay until I had to move the quilt so I put him down with a treat. We adopted him and his brother, Vex, in the spring of 2002. They are 13 years old. 


 Then Mystique joined me. She can't resist any type of string. She was adopted in fall of 2007. She is seven years old and very playful. 


Then she got bored and had to test the quality of the quilt. I let her stay until I had to move the quilt again. Then I placed her on the floor with a treat.


 Don't tell the cats but their treats are dry kibble placed in canning jars, which we believe to be more nutritious and more economical than treats. It is the same as what is in the gravity dish, but they come running when we shake the jar. We keep a jar at the desk for when they help with crafting. We keep another jar near our bed for when the cats ask for late night snacks. 

Helpful hint to parents of fur babies. Don't feed the little ones in bed unless you want to start a late night snack habit for them. If you do, then keep jars of something yummy at the ready. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny that their treat is the same as their food yet they go for it. And really lovely shots of the quilt and inquisitive cats!

    ReplyDelete