Home

Our pets rule the house.


 This is what happens when my husband leaves his gym bag on the couch. Mystique turns it into a bed. 

 We have to use plastic containers to keep the dry kibble because our cats rip open the bag if we don't. Here is Vex helping himself. 

 We bought a large pet stroller after our dogs got attacked by a bigger dog when we went for a walk. I used cable ties to strap the little battery operated fans to keep the dogs cool. We got the larger stroller so the dogs could snuggle together.

 Our cat, Lathandar is the guard cat at our house. He likes to watch over everything and especially likes to sit on the desk while I sew. I placed a shoe box on the desk to encourage him to sit in a specific spot. He loves it and got comfortable. You can't see his head because he is twisted up. I am not sure how he finds that comfortable, but he does. 

 Mystique decided to investigate the box on the desk. She also fell asleep, but as you can see, she is a bit more wary of the box than Lathandar had been. 
 I made a pet quilt to donate to the pet shelter. Jedi decided he wanted it and claimed it. We gave it to him and tucked it into the kennel where he likes to snuggle.

 Here is the quilt. I took a photo outside on the sidewalk. It is easier that way so I don't have to move the pets off the quilts as I try to photograph them. With the pet quilt, I decided to use the "independent" blocks. Some people call them "orphan" blocks. I will use my independent blocks to make the pet quilts. 

3 comments:

  1. I think cats do cat yoga ... hence the twisted appearance at times.

    The pet quilt in the kennel looks like X marks the spot! Jedi's spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you take the dogs for a walk don't they walk too? I am confused (easily).....

    ad_quilter alias Anne Marie D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to until we were attacked by a big dog that broke through his fence. Now, if we got for a walk, I put them in the stroller. If we go to a park, then we leave the stroller at home because people don't usually take aggressive dogs to parks. So we let them walk in the park.

      Delete